Packing list: Things you should make sure you don't forget!
Your checklist for your holiday in the Austrian mountains
Staying at a self-catering cabin surrounded by nature in the mountains can be an amazing experience, but it requires a certain amount of preparation. To help you with your preparations, Hüttenpartner has put together a small checklist on "The things I should pack for my stay in a cabin". Since the things that you need can vary according to the configuration and location of the cabin and we don't know your personal tastes or requirements either, this list cannot make any claim to be definitive and only aims to provide some basic points of reference.
Eating and cooking
- Salt, pepper, sugar, vinegar, oil and spices
- Coffee, tea, cocoa
- Cooking equipment specific to your individual needs
- Food for your 1st Breakfast
- Kitchen towels, dish cloths, washing up liquid
- (Board) games, playing cards, ball, badminton, frisbee, etc.
- Books, magazines
- Binoculars, camera and video camera
- The EU vaccination pass for your four-legged friend and dog food
Hiking and cycling
- Durable walking boots, hats, waterproofs
- Sun cream
- Cycling helmet and protective gear
- Rucksack, hiking sticks
- Hiking maps
- Emergency toolkit and a spare inner tube, air pump
- Pocket knife
Especially for the winter
- Warm clothing and a change of clothes for wet weather
- Tyre chains for your car
- Sunglasses, as snow reflects the strong high altitude sunlight and makes it stronger
You should also take these things with you
- A small first aid kit (dressing material, sun cream and insect repellent)
- Toilet paper
- Torch, matches, lighter, fire lighters, barbecue charcoal
- Sleeping bag, bed linen (sheets / linen, duvet- and cushion covers), towels
- Durable shoes, warm clothes and waterproofs are also required in the summer. In the evenings it gets cold very quickly in the mountains and the temperature can also drop during the daytime in the summer.
If you are well prepared your holiday will be all the more enjoyable, and with the right equipment, nothing can stand in the way of your enjoyable cabin holiday! At most of the cabins in our offer it is also possible to borrow bed linen and towels against payment of a small fee – you can find out more in the descriptions of each cabin.
As your experienced cabin partners we have also put together additional useful information surrounding your stay in the countryside. Information on payment is available here. If you have any further questions, contact us at any time!